Esporles is a small village at the foot of the Serra Tramuntana. Here Mallorca is particularly authentic! Not many tourists stray here. Maybe you’ll be lucky and come by when there’s a market in Esporles. There you can experience real Mallorcan village life!
Esporles in Mallorca: The farmer’s market
A short visit to one of the numerous markets on Mallorca is actually enough to realize that foodies get their money’s worth here. Every village, no matter how small, has its own market during the week. Often you will find stands of local vendors who sell products from their own finca!
The Mallorcan soil is very fertile – and the (almost) constantly shining sun does the rest. Lemon and orange trees actually grow everywhere on the island. So is everything else you need for a healthy Mediterranean diet: olives, juicy tomatoes, dried fruit, fresh fish, huge watermelons. The list is endless!
Esporles: The market as a village event
The market day is often also THE event in remote villages. Apart from the fact that you can often get much fresher fruit and vegetables here than in the local supermarket, you also get to hear the latest village rumors – or just get to chat with the neighbors over a café con leche. Especially for the elderly people, who don’t leave the village much, the market day is a good opportunity for social contacts.
Also interesting: The largest flea market in Mallorca (all info here)
When is market day in Esporles? When is market in Mallorca?
In Mallorca, every day is market day! There is always some small village, which just has a market. Large markets like the one in Santa Maria on Sundays are popular for their size and variety, but small markets like this one on Saturdays in Esporles are particularly charming.
Read more articles about Mallorca:
- What to eat in Mallorca!
- Santa Catalina: The new hotspot of Palma de Mallorca
- Alcúdia: What to do in Mallorca’s oldest town
- Mallorca’s dream beach: Es Trenc
- Felanitx: Getting to know the authentic Mallorca!
- The Salt pans in Mallorca: Flor de Sal from Ses Salines
- Christmas Market at the Pueblo Español in Mallorca
- Hot air balloon ride over Mallorca: Experience of a lifetime!
- The Banys Àrabs in Palma de Mallorca
- Esporles, Mallorca: market in the beautiful mountain village
- Sant Elm: Secret spot in the south west of Mallorca
- 3 of the best secret beaches on Mallorca